Early Intervention Opportunities in Mental Health
Everyone’s mental health goes through periods of good and periods of bad, however, for those who are experiencing significant mental ill-health it can be challenging to identify what support would be best for them. With many services managing crisis, there is a need for more early intervention opportunities in the health landscape.
Find your nearest AHSN
Following the Digital Innovation in Mental Health event co-hosted by Wessex AHSN and West Hampshire CCG, the innovation exchange supported connections between industry innovators and NHS clinicians / service users to see what is being developed across the country that could offer early intervention support.
How can innovation help?
Innovation can support with the identification of an individual’s need, empowering self-care or supporting waiting lists. By asking yourself:
- How can patients maintain independence?
- How can waiting lists be shortened?
- How can clinicians monitor and report as effectively as possible?
…you might be able to understand the challenges in the area and whether new products, services or ideas could support early intervention opportunities.
Desired impact / Outcomes
- Identify the needs of each unique area
- Understand products and services that could meet these needs
- Support the development of projects that could meet these needs
- Form connections across healthcare and industry to continue to support service users holistically