Dignio Integrated Care Platform
Dignio offer a solution built to accommodate a seamless journey for individuals and care providers across increasingly complex care needs (self-management, domiciliary care, residential care, end of life care). The aim is to help keep people out of hospital, and in the safe hands of their care team in the comfort of their home. They provide a modern, easy to use remote care platform and connected devices to alert professionals if they need to act, and to engage people in their care. Health and social care teams across a region can use Dignio to monitor a single illness or a range of conditions. This has led to significantly reduced hospital admissions, and is saving healthcare millions of pounds.
Find your nearest AHSN
The non-modular architecture of this Cloud-based solution permits fast deployment for any disease pathway, being person, not disease-centred. This award winning international connected care provider, established in Norway in 2010 (UK, 2017) and their multidisciplinary team work collaboratively with care providers.
The solution enables safe and cost effective care, whilst at the same time liberating clinicians from routine tasks. The trusted blend of methodology and technology empowers each clinician to look after large numbers of individuals, with only relevant cases or events prioritised for their attention. It provides the individuals cared for with a sense of safety and sources of trusted information and support at their fingertips.
- Dignio Connected Care Platform is a software as medical device, with two companion apps, and third party Bluetooth connected medical devices. The apps are accessible via iPads, iPhones, tablets or mobile phones. The clinical dashboard is a web based interface.
- Vital signs are communicated via Bluetooth connected devices (15+ integrated medical devices) or via manual input
- Symptom reporting and customisable risk stratification on the clinical dashboard
- Bespoke set up designed locally for disease groups or individual patients
- Information is relayed via the cloud directly to the healthcare providers’ staff, Dignio does not over-burden clinicians with masses of unfiltered information, risk-stratified observations allow clinicians to respond appropriately to patients’ needs
- Clinicians define what they want to be flagged, supporting earlier intervention in deterioration
- The solution is set up to support multi-disciplinary teams' collaboration and a holistic view of the individual cared for
- Dignio is a cloud based platform that can be rapidly deployed into a health or care environment and patients’ homes.
- Digitise multiple pathways at no further cost: Dignio will work with you to create tech enabled pathways that could help many more patients at no extra cost.
- New pathways can be set up on the platform in as little as 15 minutes. Our experts will work with you to help you achieve this. There is no need to buy 'modules' or wait for development work to be completed.
- Deployed in the UK in communities and residential care, market leader in Norway
Dudley CCG has been using the Dignio solution as a pilot in monitoring category 2 Covid patients at home for a few months now. We have found the software easy to use as well as enormously reassuring for patients, and we are soon hoping to significantly expand provision of the Dignio facility to cover all care homes across our STP. Dignio has opened the eyes of both clinicians and patients to the benefits and advantages of remote monitoring to such a degree that we also hope in the future to use the Dignio resource for monitoring many long term conditions such as asthma, hypertension and diabetes.
Dr Jonathan Darby, Dudley CCG
Impact & Outcomes
The headings below are from independent reports, and the source reports will be shared with interested organisations to corroborate our claims.
- Reduced hospital admissions
- Reduced conveyances
- Reduced GP call outs and face to face contact
- Shorter hospital stays
- Timely detection of deterioration: both acute and slow building
- High levels of compliance and satisfaction from patient users
- High levels of satisfacion from professional users: clinicians and care workers
- Savings to the care providers/budget holders
- More efficient resource use with one clinician being able to monitor a large cohort of patients
- Feelings of safety reported by the citizens using our solution
The outcomes reported above are derived from independent evaluations not commissioned or influenced by Dignio.