Health Unlocked is an electronic social prescribing tool which lets GPs prescribe information, local services and online support for patients with unmet health and social needs such as loneliness, isolation, obesity, anxiety and depression. The Health Unlocked EMIS plug-in was developed with the support of Care City, a healthy ageing innovation centre commissioned by UCLPartners.
Find your nearest AHSN
The Health Unlocked eSocial prescribing tool lets GPs direct patients to local services and voluntary sector support to help them get active, eat healthily, lose weight, and deal with anxiety and depression to promote their health and well-being. Health Unlocked integration with EMIS lets GPs easily deliver a digital social prescription within their standard consultation. It is also integrated with Cerner and has an API to integrate with other services.
It’s only a matter of 3-4 clicks to make a prescription available to the patient. We don’t have to open any new windows or look in our patient folders for a form - it’s right in front of us.
- Dr. Amit Shah, GP and Clinical Director for B&D CCG
How did the Innovation Exchange help?
Care City, a healthy ageing innovation centre in North East London, was commissioned by UCLPartners to help deliver its Innovation Exchange work in the area. Care City collaborated with Everything Unlocked Ltd to enable its EMIS plug-in for social prescribing to be rolled out across Barking & Dagenham. The Innovation Exchange provided support with engagement and behavioural change with the local system.
Impact & Outcomes
- 84% of patients issued a social prescription have gone on to access resources and advice on addressing their needs
- 76% of prescriptions issued address mental health issues and lifestyle changes in the management of type 2 diabetes
- HealthUnlocked eSocial Prescription has been used by more than 170 healthcare professionals
- Everything Unlocked Ltd has grown to 30 staff members and seen 40% revenue growth
- Health Unlocked has nine customers including local governments, Imperial College NHS Trust, a leading health insurer & the USA Academy of Oncology Nurses and Patient Navigators