Almost £2.8m has been made available to 51 projects in ICS’s, CCGs and Trusts across England to help them integrate supported Rapid Uptake Products into everyday practice.
The Rapid Uptake Products (RUP) programme supports stronger adoption and spread of NICE approved proven innovations targeting clinical priorities as set out in the NHS Long Term Plan.
The 2020/21 RUP programme will be supported by the Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) – Phase three
The Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) helps NHS organisations integrate the three eligible Rapid Uptake Products into everyday practices. These are:
- FeNO – Diagnostic test for asthma
- Asthma Biologics – Medication for severe asthma
- Lipid Optimisation project – Driving effective management of cardiovascular disease (CVD)
The application cycle for these products closed in April 2021 and in June 2021 it was announced that 51 projects worth almost £2.8 million will receive support.
Delivered with the support of the AHSN Network, the PTF helps providers overcome practical obstacles to introducing the supported RUPs for example:
- training staff to use new equipment
- pathway redesign
- providing specialist nurses/clinical staff needed to implement a new part of the procedure
- covering double running costs
- establishing new data collection methods.
For the latest update visit the AAC website